The area’s talented workforce has its roots in our strong education system. For more than 50 years, the South Carolina Technical College System has powered readySC™, which provides well-trained employees to qualifying companies that invest in our state. readySC™ includes recruiting, screening and training, tailoring guidelines and curriculum to fit a company’s needs. Locally, Central Carolina Technical College and Midlands Technical College offer two year degrees, diplomas, and industrial training – including occupational education with continuing education programs and credit courses. Our region’s K-12 programs have a focus on technology driven curriculum including ATEC, Kershaw County’s ATEC (Applied Technology and Education Campus) which provides superior career and technology education.
In an effort to further boost the region's skilled workforce, Central Carolina Technical College has established a scholarship initiative that provides the first two years at the college tuition-free to local high school students meeting scholastic requirements. The initiative is an economic development tool for existing and new industries as it provides a quality pipeline to meet their workforce needs.
- South Carolina Technical College System
- Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC)
- Midlands Technical College
- Applied Technology & Education Campus (ATEC)
- Kershaw County School District
- Kershaw County School District: Quick Facts
- South Carolina Department of Commerce: Higher Education Institutions in SC